There are some interesting facts about Lord Buddha and Buddhism which you might know or don’t. Here are some the interesting facts about Buddhism and Lord Buddha, I would like to share. Some of the Facts are related to Nepalese Buddhism (Top 13 Interesting Facts about Buddhism).
- Buddhism is oriented from around 400 BC with the historical person known as Siddhartha Gautama– Gautama Buddha.
- “Buddha” is not a name of a person. It is an honorific title given to a God Buddha which means “awakened one” The real Name of Gautama Buddha is Siddhartha Gautama.
- Legendary describes Lord Buddha was born in Lumbini, Nepal during the full moon of Baisakh Month in the garden.
- Siddhartha Gautama was born from a Hindu Family.
- In Nepal, Some people follow both Hinduism and Buddhism as their main religion especially in Kathmandu Valley by Newar Community such as the Newar castes like Sakhya, Bajacharya, Manandhar, and so on. The major difference between Hinduism and Buddhism is- Hinduism is theistic religion and Buddhism is mostly non-theistic.
- With around 360 million followers, Buddhism is the fourth largest religion in the world.
- In Buddhism, there is no single holy book. Extensive scriptures have been preserved in many Asian Languages.
- In Buddhism, they do not believe in the Supreme Being or creator god.
- Buddha spent his entire life preaching about human life and sufferings traveling around until the age of 80. Buddha left the world at the age and his last speech was “All component things in the world are changeable. They are not lasting. Work hard to gain your own salvation.”
- Buddhism more than a religion, it is considered as a philosophy.
- Traditional Buddhist believes in reincarnation and rebirth. And Modern Buddhist believes this idea can be jettisoned without losing any central value.
- In most of the Statues, you can see Buddha with half-closed eyes, which actually signifies his state of meditation and moreover, a state of indifference to the material world.
- The first mention of the Buddha in western writing is in the writings of Clement of Alexandria in 2 AD.
Popular Hotels and Lodge in Kathmandu